So now that I am starting to get a handle on this whole blogging idea, i figured I'll catch ya up on what's been going on this last year or so for my hubby and I...then for now on, I'll keep ya posted with pics and all!!!
Oct.2007- Brandon comes back from his mission on the 5th! We hung out for the first time at the Halloween party...I asked Brandon to teach me to bob for apples because he was the expert!
Nov. 2007-Brandon and I officially started on the 5th! Exactly one month from coming back from his mission!!! Funny story though...four of his friends and he went to do temple work and decided that they all wanted girlfriends. So they had Brandon pray about it because they say that his prayers ALWAYS work. So he prayed that they'd all get girlies that week...AND THEY DID!!! It was crazy.
Dec.2007- Brandon gets scared because he knew that I have never dated a boy for longer than a month. (For some reason, I have never been able to put up with a guy for longer than a month, even if I do break up with them on the month...I have NEVER dated a guy longer than a month) So on the 5th, he was praying we would get through the day without Michelle saying, "WE NEED TO TALK." We made it!!!!
Jan 2008-Went to the dunes for New Years! No New Year's kisses though, I was passed out by 9pm lol, I just could not stay awake.
Feb 2008-Valentines Day!!! I worked, then went and decorated his room! Then we had a wonderful candlelit dinner at his home, and then we went to a movie!
March 2008-This was the month...on the 8th, I went to work, then carpooled with Brandon's mom over to a friend's bridal shower. As Deanne was dropping me off at my car, she handed me an envelope and a wand. This was the beginning of THE SCAVENGER HUNT. I was told to go home and there would be something waiting for me on my bed...there layed a couple cameras. It told me that my brother would be needing something, so Tom had called me and told me he needed powder sugar...so I went over to his house and there was a tiara and another letter waiting for me. (Brandon was at my brothers house the whole time and I had no idea.) That letter reflected on a group date we went on once upoon a time so I went over to his Grandma's where there was a bouquet of gorgeous roses waiting for me. Grandma June was trying to stall me, but I was so excited to get to the end of it, I couldn't wait. So she finally told me that I needed to hang on a minute...Brandon then called to let her know that it was ok to give me my letter so I could leave. That letter told me that I needed one last thing to look like a complete princess and it was a ring a ding-ding !!! It told me to drive towards the park, and so in between Grandma June's home and his home, him and my bro put up signs that said..."Michelle" "Will you" "Marry me? " "If yes" "Turn right" "To Meet" "Mr. Right." So I turned towards his house (right after Broc had just been dropped off by his friends from snowboarding, so Brandon was embarrassed) But he did propose, he was so nervous though, he was shaking like no other. It was so adorable! I couldn't believe he was so nervous, but I guess it's a pretty big decision. And in the ring box was a taco bell sauce that said, "Will you marry me?" Only because I had always teased him about it...I would say, " I bet you're gonna propose to me with one of those taco bell sauces one day because you don't wanna make a big deal about anything. But it was so cute! He was so nervous he didn't hear a word I said to him and he didn't kneel down on a knee. But he did make up for it later, don't worry. So before he proposed I had wanted to get married on my birthday, but then we found out that Kay & Rob decided they wanted to get marreid 08-08-08 and we didn't want to be the same time as them, so we had decided to get married later...in January of 2009. Then after he proposed he told me we are getting married in September. I was shocked. But I guess it made sense since we're gonna get married no matter what. But after a week or so of being engaged...we moved it up to July! It worked out PERFECT!!!!
April 2008- So the proposal is over...now its the wedding planning...but first Brandon's birthday...I took him shopping, then had a nice candlelit dinner waiting for him at my house and I made him a cute lil pic frame with a whole bunch of pics of us while we were dating!!! It was fun times!But we did do this the day before his birthday only because we were going to the dunes on his birthday! Oh and Kay came home from school for her break and Rob proposed.
May 2008- Wedding plans! We had to decided to get married in Portland, for many different reasons! But it worked out prefect!!! Went to the dunes, crashed big for my first time and messed up my shoulder pretty good! I hurt pretty bad, my thighs were so bruised , they were literally black!!!
June 2008-Busy busy, getting ready for the big day! I moved out of my brother's house and went up to Spokane to help my mom out for a couple weeks! Came back down to GP and started moving into my our new place!!! I was there about 5 weeks all by myself before we got married. It was kinda nice being on my own!!!
July 2008-Sharp family reunion!!! Took last picture with Grandpa! He passed the 13th, my endowments on the 17th in Portland, marriage on the 18th, funeral for Grandpa on the 19th and our reception on the 19th as well!!! It was a busy beginning of the month! We went on our honeymoon on the 20th and we returned to work on the 25th! It was kinda funny on our marriage day...pics were supposed to be about 2hours and then to dinner...everybody thought we went to the hotel early and skipped out on dinner cuz we took pics for 3 hours. But we showed up to dinner and everybody teased us! We went to South Lake Tahoe for our honeymoon! NO PHONES!!!! It was about time we had time for jsut the two of us!!! It was the absolute best!!!!
Aug 2008- Rob and Kayleigh got married on the 8th at the Salt Lake Temple! We had a mini reception that night then they went off on their honeymoon and we had the reception the next week in GP. Then the week after that we had a double reception up in Spokane!!! I was so excited Dennis came! And Brandon and I got to stay with the Maughan's and that's always fun!My mom and sister were able to stay a week with us in GP! It was so much fun! Brandon made my birthday special! We went hiking up table rock since I've been wanting to for a long time cuz I hadn't been up there in years...prob in over ten years. Then spent the rest of the day together just the two of us! Then had a family birthday BBQ the next day at the park!
Sept 2008-Work and school!!! Re-injured my shoulder at wor, lifting a patient. Lots of Physical Therapy and on a light duty at work.
Oct 2008-Still on light duty at work...Brandon's one year of being home from his mission!!! Went on a family trip to Orlando!!! So much fun!!! Only my second time flying lol and my first time traveling that far east lol, I had never been further than Montana haha
Nov 2008-My brother from Cali and my mom & sis from Washington came to GP for Thanksgiving at our little home!!! All 6 kids together!!!! We took pics, FINALLY, with all of us together!!!(Oh and still on light duty at work)
Dec 2008-First Christmas as a married couple...busier than I thought...trying to make our own traditions doesn't work out so well the first year, esp since I had to work and we were house bouncing from one family member's house to another family member's house all holiday season. Then on the 31st we were off to the dunes...(oh yeah still on light duty at work)
Jan 2009-Said goodbye to Rob and Kayleigh as they took off to go to school in Rexburg, ID!!! Then we saw a horrible accident on the way home from the dunes, there are pics up!!! ( OH YEAH...STILL ON LIGHT DUTY AT WORK)
Ok so here is our last year summary...I know I had to have missed a lot, but at least you got a little taste of our lives!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very fun to hear all of your adventures as a new little fam! I love the part about the proposal, that Brandon got all nervous... FYI they all get nervous. Tim put the ring on the wrong finger... even the wrong hand! It was so funny. Good luck to you both this year in all of your adventures!!
That was a huge recap! hehe, now I'll now what you guys are up to. Since were 16 hours apart!!
Post a Comment